(DATA MANAGEMENT TEAM MEMBER)
Are you interested in being part of a great team in a growing company? Do you value work-life balance, friendly co-workers, and interesting work? If so you’re in luck - we are searching for qualified professionals to join our team!
McCay Duff LLP is a medium sized public accounting firm.
We specialize in the small-to-medium sized owner-managed business market and the not-for-profit and charitable organization markets. McCay Duff provides clients with a full range of professional services including assistance with bookkeeping and financial analysis.
McCay Duff offers a professional environment while still valuing the importance of social activities.
We are presently seeking an individual with experience in bookkeeping and supervising other bookkeepers!
This role will provide daily challenges as you work with various companies operating in many different industries. If you enjoy a challenge, are intrigued to work with a variety of clients, and are experienced in full-cycle bookkeeping, we have a position for you!
The successful candidate will be proficient in performing, and training others to perform, the following:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting transactions using QBO for more than 40 clients;
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations;
- Produce reports as requested by clients;
- Maintain proper filing system;
- Payroll inputs in third party payroll modules such as Ceridian and ADP;
- Preparing and filing HST, QSR, PSBR reports;
- Other duties as per various client requests;
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable processing;
- Perform account reconciliations, compare, and analyze results, and assess the accuracy and reasonableness of monthly financial reports;
- Ability to manage multiple staff and multiple client engagements;
- Bringing new ideas to the table for process improvement;
- Public accounting work experience would be an asset.
- Must have at least 5 years of full cycle bookkeeping experience;
- College level Accounting or Business Diploma;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Supervisory experience;
- Must be an expert and have working knowledge in QuickBooks Online, HubDoc, Word and Excel;
- Must have knowledge of computer applications that can be recommended for use by clients in order to gain efficiencies, or, a keen interest in researching and testing available apps;
- Highly organized with exceptional planning, prioritizing and task management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and accountable;
- Ability to work independently / in a team;
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills are essential to this role;
- Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff LLP’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff LLP provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodation requests in your e-mail application.