Seasonal / Flexible Hours Accounting Technician
Do you have experience working in a public accounting Firm? Have you always wanted to take the summer off or work reduced hours? If so, McCay Duff LLP has an opportunity for you! We are looking for a seasonal Accounting Technician to join our team. Your role as a Technician will be to assist in the performance of notice to reader and tax filing engagements and for a wide range of clients.
Hours of Work
- January to June – 30-40 hours/week. Overtime is not expected for this role during tax season.
- July and August – summer off.
- September to December – 30-40 hours/week.
Please note: McCay Duff is open to flexibility with the above arrangement.
Who we Are
McCay Duff LLP is an Ottawa based full-service public accounting Firm serving our clients with integrity, trust and professionalism. For over 70 years, McCay Duff LLP has been an essential partner helping clients achieve their financial goals through expert tax, assurance and business advisory services. McCay Duff LLP specializes in owner-managed and privately-owned businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting for cash receipts and disbursement transactions in CaseWare or Excel;
- Accounting for investment portfolios in Excel, reconciliation to broker statements and T-slips;
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts, investments, accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Completion of notice to reader engagements and corporate tax returns (T2);
- Prepare and review working paper files, financial statements and income tax returns for notice to reader engagements;
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, discuss with engagement team and develop solutions to resolve any errors;
- Respond to requests and correct errors identified by engagement team in a timely manner;
- Effective communication with our clients and engagement team.
- Diploma in Accounting or Bookkeeping;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of practical, comprehensive bookkeeping and accounting experience;
- Experience performing reconciliations (bank accounts, A/P and A/R, investments) is required;
- Experience with notice to reader engagements as well as corporate and personal tax return preparation is considered a strong asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and Word);
- Experience using CaseWare and TaxPrep programs is considered a strong asset;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload;
- High attention to detail;
- Previous experience working in a public accounting Firm is considered a strong asset.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our Firm, please apply by e-mail at email@example.com and address your application to Krista MacDonald.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
McCay Duff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff LLP’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff LLP provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process.