Remote Accounting and Assurance Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and client driven individual to join our accounting and assurance team in the capacity of Manager.
You are an independent and focused professional capable of fulfilling the requirements of this role on an exclusively remote basis. You are willing to work a remote schedule consistent with client and Firm needs based on our Ottawa location in the Eastern Standard time zone.
If you are looking for professional growth opportunities, we would love to meet you!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT …
Approaching its 75th year, McCay Duff is one of Ottawa’s oldest and respected mid-sized accounting firms. At McCay Duff you can have a rewarding and exciting career. We understand that financial services are about far more than numbers; they are about dreams and achieving success. We feel the same about your career.
At McCay Duff, we take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset, so we offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits and a team environment. We also provide annual merit-based increases that reflect your value and contribution to our Firm.
Success in this role will require prior experience managing both assurance and non-assurance client engagements, mentoring and developing staff and in business development.
WHO YOU CAN BECOME …
You will become a key member of our multi-disciplined team whose role will be focused on business growth, as well as helping clients achieve their goals through expert assurance, business advisory and tax services. Successful candidates will also mentor and assist with the development of professional staff as they progress in their professional careers.
As a Manager you will:
- Apply technical expertise and research in formulating client related recommendations in accordance with professional standards and Firm policies;
- Manage multiple engagements concurrently with sound project management principles;
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with assigned clients;
- Actively participate in business development activities to recognize and seize business opportunities including the use of marketing skills to attract new clients, as well as identifying potential opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients;
- Conduct pre-engagement planning with the engagement team and scope, plan and manage assignments for maximum profitability while maintaining Firm standards;
- Complete the detailed review of assurance and non-assurance engagements to ensure they are in accordance with professional and Firm standards;
- Participate on committees in developing and implementing Firm management policies and professional standards;
- Coach staff to their highest potential by developing their skills and competencies through supervision, consistent recognition and encouragement, mentoring and assignment of client files;
- Conduct internal and/or external presentations and training related to area of expertise;
- Participate in interviews to assist in the selection of talented candidates, and;
- Conduct and/or provide input on performance evaluations.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Manager: a minimum of five years’ experience in public practice with a minimum of two years at the manager level;
- Advanced accounting, auditing and tax skills;
- Demonstrated experience in business development and growth;
- Experience with CaseWare, Caseview and TaxPrep considered an asset;
- A team player able to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs of the client;
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Strong interest in coaching and development, with a commitment to personal growth;
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Experienced with engagement problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership;
- Support the Vision, Mission and Values of the Firm;
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of decisions and take a comprehensive approach to problem solving, and;
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our Firm, please click on the Apply Now button below and send your resume.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
McCay Duff welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process.