Junior Financial Data Management Specialist (Bookkeeper)
We are searching for a dynamic professional who can join our Financial Data Management team in the capacity of Bookkeeper.
This role will provide daily challenges as you work with various companies operating in many different industries. If you enjoy a challenge, are intrigued to work with a variety of clients, and are experienced in full-cycle bookkeeping, we have a position for you!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At McCay Duff LLP, we take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits and a team environment where the managers and partners are always accessible and committed to your professional development. We also provide annual merit-based increases that reflect your value and contribution to our firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day accounting transactions for more than 40 clients;
- Enter and create invoices in QuickBooks Online;
- Calculate and process payroll;
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations;
- Enter payroll inputs in third party payroll modules such as Ceridian and ADP;
- Prepare and file HST reports;
- Ensure payroll remittances such as employee source deductions, EHT, and WSIB, are reported and paid prior to deadlines;
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable processing;
- Prepare bank deposits and wire transfers;
- Perform account reconciliations, compare and analyze results, and assess the accuracy and reasonableness of monthly financial reports;
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements with competing deadlines;
- Ability to respond to client queries in a timely manner.
- Must have at least 3 years of full cycle bookkeeping experience;
- College level Accounting or Business Diploma;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Must have a solid working knowledge in QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, HubDoc, Word and Excel;
- Highly organized with exceptional planning, prioritizing and task management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and accountable;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting;
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills are essential to this role;
- Public accounting work experience would be an asset;
- Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our Firm, please apply by e-mail at email@example.com and address your application to Ringo Morella, HR Manager.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
McCay Duff is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process.