Human Resources Manager
We are seeking a capable, enthusiastic and organized HR Manager to work with our leadership group to implement HR strategy within our Firm.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, we would love to meet you!
What sets us apart...
Established in 1946, McCay Duff, Chartered Professional Accountants has become synonymous with integrity, trust and professionalism in the National Capital Region. We provide a full suite of accounting services to a broad list of clients from a wide range of sectors.
What you can expect…
At McCay Duff you can have a rewarding and exciting career. We understand that financial services are about far more than numbers; they are about dreams and achieving success. We feel the same about your career.
At McCay Duff, we take care of and reward our people. We understand that our staff are our greatest assets and as such we offer competitive salary, health and dental benefits in a collegial team environment. We provide annual merit-based increases that reflect your value and contribution to our Firm and excellent opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a capable, enthusiastic and organized HR Manager to work with our leadership group to implement HR strategy within our Firm. Reporting to the C.O.O., you will play a leading role in all aspects of HR including employee engagement, recruiting, performance management, and compensation. You will work closely with Firm leadership supporting the growth of our team and reinforcing our Firm mission and core values through related HR initiatives. In this department of one, you will act as point of contact for HR related matters actively liaising between Partners, Managers and staff. You may also assist the C.O.O. with adhoc and special projects of importance to the organization.
- Provide guidance and direction on all aspects of employee relations. Act as the first point of contact for employees, answering any HR related questions and providing guidance on common employee questions or concerns;
- Coach and advise leaders on the interpretation and implementation of relevant legislation or company policies and support managers in determining the appropriate responses to issues as they arise;
- Lead recruitment initiatives and support managers by making job postings, applicant screening, competency evaluations and interview participation. Manage and organize recruiting events including scheduling staff participants, liaising with universities and professional bodies;
- Develop and conduct new hire orientations and lead the on-boarding and training process for all new hires;
- Process regular payroll and administer Firm benefits plans including set up, education of new hires and record keeping of plan participation. Liaise with our group insurance provider;
- Lead the annual and ongoing portions of performance and compensation management;
- Administer employee records, updating information into the Firm HRIS and keeping effective documentation;
- Assess organizational needs, develop training programs, and provide internal training to the team. Support professional staff through the CPA training and designation program;
- Lead and/or participate in teams to develop and implement HR Initiatives to effectively deliver the company’s HR strategy and services;
- Coordinate and actively support activities which contribute towards employee engagement and teambuilding within the organization;
- Proactively recommend new approaches, policies, processes and procedures to drive continuous improvement and efficiency of services provided by Human Resources.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources / Business;
- 5+ years’ of progressively senior HR experience;
- CHRP/CHRL or degree in HR;
- Expertise in the Employment Standards Act and other employment related legislation;
- Thorough knowledge of performance and talent management, employee engagement, training and development and compensation best practices;
- Ability to prioritize and multitask a variety of tasks and projects;
- A true passion for the HR role and a desire to effectively carry out its duties;
- Proficient with computers and technology. High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems. Knowledge of BambooHR is an asset;
- Excellent verbal skills to interact knowledgeably and diplomatically at all levels, excellent listener;
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to function independently without constant supervision;
- Past experience in a professional services firm (accounting or law firm) a strong asset;
- A high level of critical thinking, judgment and decision making is required for solving problems that may affect many departments or processes, or for solving problems that require innovative approaches to complex situations;
- Demonstrated ability to view problems from the context of the larger picture of the organization’s overall goals and strategies; seeks effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our Firm, please apply by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and address your application to Kris Dolinki, C.O.O.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
McCay Duff welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process.