January 2020 Term, Co-Op STAFF ACCOUNTANT
At McCay Duff LLP you can have a rewarding and exciting career. We understand that financial services are about far more than numbers; they are about dreams and achieving success. We feel the same about your career. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you will have the chance to grow at your own pace and customize your career path. We will also give you the right tools and exposure to learn new skills and explore new opportunities in different service areas and industries.
At McCay Duff LLP, we take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits and a team environment where the managers and partners are always accessible and committed to your professional development. We also provide annual merit-based increases that reflect your value and contribution to our Firm.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CO-OP STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES, WE WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU!
The co-op student commencing their work term with the Firm will receive training to assist them in the completion of working paper files and corresponding financial statements, as well as corporate and personal income tax returns. McCay Duff offers students the opportunity to gain relevant experience in all major competencies related to the CPA designation process. Training and development opportunities at McCay Duff also include staff training, mentoring and recruiting among others as students’ progress.
The training will include instruction on the use of CaseWare (software specialized for the preparation and documentation of working paper files) and TaxPrep (tax return preparation software). Training will also be provided on other software used in the Firm.
The student will assist senior staff on assurance engagements and will also have the opportunity to work independently on accounting and tax files. Depending on the size and nature of the engagement, the student will report to a senior staff member or manager and in some instances the partner in charge. The level of complexity of assignments will depend on the student’s abilities.
As a Co-op Staff Accountant you will:
- Perform technical work in the office or in the field on assigned engagements under supervision;
- Provide support on sections of assurance engagements;
- Assume responsibility for the completion and accuracy of own work and working papers;
- Become familiar with support systems including tax, computer systems, Firm policies and standards;
- Gain experience in public accounting and progress towards writing and passing the CFE; and,
- Develop personal skills to effectively communicate with diverse people and diverse clients.
- Students must be in a formal accounting program;
- Strong communication skills, as there will be interaction with partners, staff and clients;
- Understanding of the Accounting Cycle and basic accounting principles;
- Passion and enthusiasm to work in public accounting;
- Ability to meet individual goals and objectives for career development; and,
- Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset.
*** This position is for a 4 or 8 month term ***
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our Firm, please apply by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and address your application to Stephanie Courneyea.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
McCay Duff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff LLP’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff LLP provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process.