We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and client driven individual to join our tax services team to assist us in providing excellent client service and ensuring all our client’s tax planning and compliance needs are met.
Success in this role will require prior experience in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services Firm, broad-based tax and related financial skills, the ability to work as part of a team of tax professionals, a high motivation to manage and direct processes, as well as communicate with clients, to deliver high quality tax services. In return you will become a trusted advisor to your clients and colleagues alike and realize your full career potential.
As a Tax Manager you will:
- Work closely with other members of our team on managing the tax compliance needs of our clients, overseeing complex tax returns and tax provision engagements;
- Supervise and mentor staff, including the review of tax files to ensure our standard of quality and accuracy are met;
- Advise on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies and compliance issues;
- Conduct and document tax research;
- Lead tax engagement teams in serving the tax needs of clients;
- Enhance technical skills by remaining up-to-date on trends, new legislative developments and tax authority decisions, and apply them to complex situations relevant to our clients;
- Identify opportunities for providing tax planning and other special services and contribute to thought leadership materials;
- Prepare tax memorandums;
- Interpret and apply tax legislation;
- Manage multiple engagements concurrently with sound project management principles;
- Maintain and develop meaningful relationships with assigned clients;
- Participate actively in business development activities to recognize and seize business opportunities;
- Participate on committees in developing and implementing Firm management policies and professional standards;
- Provide value added consulting solutions to our clients on current business and financial matters;
- Conduct pre-engagement work planning with the engagement team;
- Conduct internal and/or external presentations and training related to area of expertise; and
- Coach staff members and conduct performance evaluations.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Manager: a minimum of two years’ experience in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services Firm;
- Senior Manager: a minimum of seven years’ experience in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services Firm, with a minimum of two years at the manager experience level;
- Completion of the CPA In-depth Tax Course, Parts I and II;
- Strong focus on tax planning;
- Demonstrated experience in business development and management;
- A team player able to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs of the client;
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Strong interest in coaching and development, with a commitment to personal growth;
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Experienced with engagement problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership;
- Demonstrated evidence of strong leadership ability; and
- Ability to anticipate in the long term impact of decisions and take a comprehensive approach to problem solving.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our Firm, please apply by e-mail at email@example.com and address your application to Krista Mason.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
McCay Duff welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process.