Full-Time Permanent Position
We are seeking a motivated and client-driven individual with experience within a clerical position to join our administration team. This person must be comfortable working entirely on-site.
As a Receptionist-Admin Assistant, you will provide vital support to several accountants in charge of creating a positive company impression and experience for all McCay Duff LLP clients, visitors, vendors, and employees by providing general office support and administrative assistance.
The successful candidate is expected to deal with various tasks efficiently and independently. This role will be reporting to the Administrative Team Lead and take day-to-day direction from her.
If you are looking for a rewarding professional environment to hone your administrative skills, we would love to meet you!
Celebrating over 75 years in the industry, McCay Duff LLP is one of Ottawa’s oldest and well-respected mid-sized accounting firms. At McCay Duff LLP, you can have a rewarding and exciting career. We understand that a career in accounting is about far more than numbers; they are about dreams and achieving success. We feel the same about your career.
At McCay Duff LLP, we take care of our people. Our staff are our greatest assets and offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits and a team environment. We also provide annual merit-based increases that reflect your value and contribution to our firm.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Receptionist-Admin Assistant, you will be the first point of contact for our firm, welcoming clients, vendors and visitors, and you will be part of the McCay Duff LLP team responsible for delivering an exceptional client experience.
The duties include offering administrative support across the organization with these specific tasks;
- Greeting and welcoming clients, guests, vendors with a positive, helpful, and professional image;
- Coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls;
- Efficiently assisting clients, guests and vendors in their business needs;
- Opening and closing the office daily with punctuality;
- Preparing and receiving courier packages/ incoming and outgoing mails;
- Invoicing on a daily/weekly basis;
- Preparing and processing deposits and credit card payments;
- Unpacking of office supplies to be ready for storage;
- Ensuring orderliness and cleanliness in the reception area.
An Admin Assistant should ensure our office’s efficient and smooth day-to-day operation, supporting to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities. Our ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools like MS Excel and office equipment.
Here are a few of the specific tasks this role will be responsible for:
- Handling administrative requests and queries from management;
- Assembling of Financial Statements and Tax Documents;
- Typing, editing and formatting of financial statements and correspondence, ensuring they are free of formatting, typographical or printing errors;
- Production of financial statements for partner review, draft packages for client review, and final packages for delivery to client;
- Scanning and e-mailing financial documents;
- Producing various tax reporting forms as requested;
- Printing, photocopying and scanning of documents as requested by the client service teams;
- Contacting office equipment service providers for maintenance and repair;
- Recording of departmental mail, both personal and corporate;
- Handling correspondence requests from all staff;
- Assisting with electronic filing of tax returns;
- Coordinating responses to Canada Revenue Agency information requests;
- Rolling forward all corporate CaseWare files and locking down current information, and;
- Providing administrative support to managers’ regular meetings;
- Other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Prior professional support experience in a professional service firm, ideally within the accounting and finance industry;
- Post-Secondary education in Administration or related field;
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years’ work experience in a similar role, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with solid computer skills (Word, Publisher, Excel in particular);
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong organizational skills, can multitask and be productive under pressure;
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize work with excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines within a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the firm;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Knowledge of office equipment, such as printers and fax machines;
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to lift at least 15lbs to handle packages, files and boxed documents.
- Proficiency in accounting software; CaseWare/CaseView, Taxprep and CCH Document considered an asset;
- A client service mindset, whereby you see the staff members of the firm as your clients;
- Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset.
REWARD & BENEFITS
Our compensation and employee benefits are at the top of the market. We are continually reviewing our policies to ensure this.
Our office enjoys a friendly and social atmosphere, and our staff are a massive part of that. We have many annual events to gather us throughout the year and informal social gatherings (mainly virtual for the time being) to give staff a chance to get to know each other better.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please use the apply now button or apply by e-mail to email@example.com. Please make sure you include a cover letter and resume with your application with your accompanying e-mail.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We thank all applicants for their interest in McCay Duff LLP; however, only candidates selected for an interview will hear from us.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
McCay Duff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff LLP’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff LLP provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process.