We are searching for dynamic administrative professionals who can join our team in the capacity of Administrative Assistant.
If you are looking for a professional environment in which to hone your administrative skills, we would love to meet you!
Who We Are
At McCay Duff, we take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset so we offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits and a team environment where the managers and partners are always accessible. We also provide annual merit-based increases that reflect your value and contribution to our Firm.
Who We Are Looking For
As an administrative assistant you are an important part of a team responsible for delivering an exceptional client experience to both an interesting and diverse group of external clients, as well as our McCay Duff staff members.
As an Administrative Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Typing, editing and formatting of financial statements and correspondence ensuring they are free of formatting, typographical or printing errors;
- Production of financial statements for partner review, draft packages for client review, and final packages for delivery to client;
- Scanning and e-mailing financial documents;
- Scanning and assembly of tax returns and financial statement packages;
- Producing various tax reporting forms as requested;
- Printing, photocopying and scanning of documents as requested by the client service teams;
- Recording of departmental mail - both personal and corporate;
- Invoicing on a daily/weekly basis;
- Handling correspondence requests from all staff;
- Assisting with electronic filing of tax returns;
- Coordinating responses to Canada Revenue Agency information requests;
- Acting as a back-up for other administrative team positions, including reception;
- Preparing and receiving courier packages;
- Filing of client documents in accordance with office standards;
- Preparing and processing deposits and credit card payments;
- Rolling forward all corporate CaseWare files and locking down current information, and;
- Other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or related field plus a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years’ work experience in a similar role, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Publisher, MS Excel in particular);
- Proficiency in CaseWare/Caseview, Taxprep and CCH Document considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines within a fast paced work environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the Firm;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Knowledge of office equipment, such as printers and fax machines;
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A client service mindset, whereby you see the staff members of the Firm as your clients, and;
- Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our Firm, please apply by e-mail at email@example.com and address your application to Krista MacDonald.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
McCay Duff welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process.